1. Towards an integrated EU energy system
LCE-01-2016-2017:Next generation innovative technologies enabling smart grids, storage and energy system integration with increasing share of renewables: distribution network
Energy Work Programme 2016 – 2017
Topic conditions and documents
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
IMPORTANT: Please also read the introductory policy context for the activity TOWARDS AN INTEGRATED EU ENERGY SYSTEM of the COMPETITIVE LOW CARBON ENERGY call under the Societal Challenge 3 'Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy' of the Work Programme 2016 - 2017.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
Note also that a number of non-EU/non-Associated Countries that are not automatically eligible for funding have made specific provisions for making funding available for their participants in Horizon 2020 projects (follow the links to China, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Taiwan).
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.2 Submission and evaluation process: Guide to the submission and evaluation process.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of single-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the deadline for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 8 months from the deadline for submission.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Research and Innovation Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template
Standard evaluation form
H2020 General MGA -Multi-Beneficiary
Annotated Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
- Additional documents
Please note that the topic LCE-01-2016-2017 will open again on 20/09/2016 with the deadline of 14/02/2017, subject to the final decision on 2017 budget appropriations.